“Lovely Flowers, Overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

162 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 212 helpful votes
“Lovely Flowers, Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I truly wish there was a rating between very good and average for this particular attraction. I agree with all of the comments with regards to people about general scruffiness of appearance but what I will say is that the flowers they do have are fantastic and a photographers dream. It is a shame that there are some areas which are inaccessible but the variety of orchids maker this somewhere that someone who likes taking pictures of flowers could spend several hours. If you just like looking at flowers, this probably isn't the place for you however, since it isn't very varied and my wife got bored rather quickly. Had it been less money it definitely would have gotten a very good rating, when all the orchids are in bloom it is probably excellent

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Perigord Noir
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Rare orchids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Interesting variety of unusual and usual orchids in all shapes, sizes and colours, grown in jungle style settings indoors with an outside terrace area to enjoy coffee and cake 3,50€ pp and views across Funchal and the harbour. Take the bus no 28 or 29 from town.

Visited January 2013
Lancashire
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Not many orchids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This garden is quite a way down hill from the Botanical gardens, I really don't think it is worth the visit at the moment. It is a bit scruffy and I am sure there are more orchids to be seen in the flower market. I think 5 euros is a bit steep compared to the 4 euros for the Botanical gardens.

England
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful orchids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We found this garden using the Sat nav and were really pleased that we made the effort. The staff we met were helpful and friendly and informative. I now know how and why I killed my Wanda orchid. The orchids were simply beautiful as was the smell coming from one or two.
We visited in early December and were surprised to see how many flowers there were.
We also walked round the gardens and took in the view from the terrace.
It was lovely to meet the owner who was on her way to feed the white doves but took time to talk to us.
I suppose the best part was having the gardens to ourselves - very peaceful and relaxing.
It cost us 9 euros each. We did not visit the cafe.

1 Thank dupressa
Dorset
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Maybe it was the time of year, barely any colour in November, very dark inside, damp and cold! Wear a raincoat as narrow walkways between dripping plants!

Visited November 2012