The hotel is in a fantastic location overlooking Funchal, though a bus ride to get there. However buses are regular and reliable. The room was comfortable and clean with tasteful furnishings. Towels and linen changed regularly. Pool was clean but cold in April, as was the Jacuzzi. There is a Sauna that warms up quickly (and no charge).Breakfasts were adequate but not quite to 4 star standard. The real dissappointment was the lack of hot water in the bathroom. Usually luke-warm or cold, very occassionally warm but never hot. Not 4 star at all. Having said that, overall we enjoyed our stay in Madeira.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Gardens Hotel with a privileged location on the top of a cliff, offers amazing ocean views and views to the Bay of Funchal. This charming Hotel, offers to its guests comfort and well-being in a welcoming and familiar atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Otel, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Gardens Funchal
- Ocean Gardens Hotel Funchal
- Ocean Gardens Madeira/Funchal