Overall we were very disappointed with this holiday. Hotel too remote, up long mountain road with hair-pin bends and often rocks on road. Not a lover of sheer drops, I hated this journey and by the end of the week my nerves were jangling. Once back at the hotel there was nothing to do and nowhere to go in the evening. Also a lot cooler than down in Funchal. HB basis and the food was poor; just two choices for starter and main at evening meal and as a non-meat eater I was sick of espanda (black scabbard fish) by the end of the week. Puds were poor too. The vegs were overcooked and my husband was serverd undercooked chicken and rancid steak. Most nights we were on our own in the restaurant and it was quite chilly. On the plus side, the staff were lovely. We hoped to walk levadas in Nun's valley but rep advised against this as they are quite treacherous and yet the proximity to levadas is one of the main attractions given for this hotel. Two nights maximum would be enough at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eira do Serrado Hotel & SPA is a modern and comfortable 4-star country hotel. Surrounded by stunning scenery, the Hotel will impress you with the beauty of its fascinating mountains and breathtaking views stretching to the lush valleys below. Nature is present from all rooms and public areas of the hotel. It is the perfect place for a holiday, calm, romantic and unforgettable in Madeira. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Eira do Serrado Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estalagem Eira Do Serrado Hotel Funchal
- Estalagem Eira Do Serrado Funchal
- Eira Do Serrado Hotel & SPA Madeira/Funchal