“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of CityBubbles

CityBubbles
More attraction details
Owner description: We are fun electric cars, full of character, for two persons and ECOLOGIC. With the Bubble you can discover the secrets that make Madeira Island one of the most unique Islands in the world. Hire one of these City Bubble cars and have fun zipping around in a fully electric Bubble. These cars have a range of 100km on a full charge, and a top speed of 90km/h. They are fun, safe and easy to drive. All cars come with a tablet and internet connection, you can choose from some GPS guided tours around Madeira Island, pointing out interesting buildings, gardens, monuments and so on. Or you can just take off and discover Madeira yourself. Use the tablet to snap some photos, and upload them to your social networks or send straight to your email inbox. You will see what you want, when you want, at the exact moment that you want. One car, two persons and a lot of fun.
Funchal, Portugal
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I loved this ecological and silent experience! This bubble car is very easy to drive in Madeira Island.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Valter G

• Polish first
Vilnius, Lithuania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unforgetable adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was an excellent way to see the best of Funchal, Camara De Lobos, Cabo Girao in one day!!! Thank you!!!

Dalia,
Lithuania

Visited August 2013
4 Thank vekoda
Soborg, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“+++++ Service...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

An experience out of the normal. Brilliant staff, reasonable prices, exellent product. With a green car, a green Island and dressed in a lightgreen humor, me and my son was thrilled. So absolutely THE way 2 experience the beauty of Madeira. Drive the Bubble into the clouds or let it roll along the waterfront, anyhow the silent experience is stunning. Had it 6 of 7 days, and have no regrets what so ever. Madeira is definately an option 4 us again, much because of the Bubble, and a great deal because of the perfect way we was treated by Natersio and Vania... Muito Obrigado....

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Lars S
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Overpriced scam, stay away”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I rented this little car and told the guy I would use it for 2 hours. He told me the price was €16 for the first hour then €4 more for the second hour, for a total of €20. Ok fine, no problems. He also mentions that if I want to add an extra hour, just call them while I'm out on the road and let them know. Again, fine, no problems. So I'm out on the road, and my girlfriend and I decide to rent it an extra hour because we're having fun. So I texted them to let them know this. So we arrive back to the rental place after 3 hours, and the guy tells me the extra hour I spent with the car will be an extra €16! He says the reason is that extra time is billed as if I'm renting the car all over again. I told him this seemed like a ridiculous policy, and asked him if he thought it was fair. He just said it was the policy. When I asked to speak with his manager, he said his manager was on vacation. I didn't see anywhere in the paperwork they gave me where it said extra time will be billed as if I'm renting the car all over again. The guy should have at least mentioned this before I left to go drive the car. So the policy is the policy. But a policy should be fair, not take advantage of people. I suggest you do not give this place any business while they purposely cheat customers. Take your money and rent a regular car.

Visited July 2013
8 Thank Tenchoc
Crowborough, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great way to get around in Funchal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you like trying new modes of transport and have the urge to do your own thing to get to know a new place and you are in Funchal then this is a great way to spend a few hours. Each car comes fully charged and although you use quite a bit of battery going up the mountains the battery recharges when you go down the other side! Certainly you will have enough for several hours trip. We went off to Cabo Girau and took in the sites of Camara do Lobos on the way. You can't use the motorways but then who wants a trip of tunnels and bridges anyway? The trucks and even the Smart cars will probably overtake you too but then again you are not in a hurry because you see more going that bit slower. GPS navigation to help you find your way if you are not sure. You need to be quite slim and not too tall to sit in the back seat but generally a Renault Bubble is one of those things you should try for yourself. Next trip to Madeira we will be hiring one again - how many cars can you hire by the hour? Great way to spend a morning or afternoon.

Visited June 2013