This was our second visit to Madeira and the Quinta Jardins do Lago, having first been in 2011. Our stay proved to be every bit as special as our first visit. We love the situation of the hotel... set amongst beautiful sub-tropical gardens with stunning views over Funchal and the hills beyond and with distant glimpses of the sea to the South. The staff offered a warm welcome on arrival and were friendly and attentive throughout our stay. The Hotel is very comfortable, well appointed, and exudes an atmosphere of 'colonial elegance'. After a relaxing breakfast on the terrace or in the garden we enjoyed mornings by the beautiful swimming pool and strolling among the exotic trees and shrubs. A small croquet lawn and outdoor table tennis court provided an outlet for our more energetic moments. We were pleasantly surprised to discover that since our last visit the management have created a wonderful vegetable garden sporting a variety of salads, beans and vegetables, many of which found their way on to our table at dinner. It is good to find a hotel which is using its own local produce. We are already looking forward to another visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal