We had a fabulous holiday in Madeira during the first week of August 2013. It was made all the better by staying at the Quinta Jardins do Lago. The hotel is set in the most beautiful gardens with lovely comfortable and clean accommodation. We stayed in one of the ground floor standard garden view rooms and would not hesitate to recommend as it was perfect for us. We stayed half board and although there is only a very limited choice of food from the menu (two items for each course) we enjoyed every meal that we had there. Breakfast was a feast and lovely to sit on the veranda in the morning sun. Although the hotel offers a courtesy bus into Funchal, we did not use it as we chose to walk daily into the town, down a steep hill and then use a taxi back at a cost of about 6 Euros (although once walked back but it is a very hot walk back up the hill.) I'm not sure if I would recommend this hotel to families with children as the hotel seems very geared to adults which suited me as I was travelling with my husband and wanted a relaxing break. Our only disappointment was that there is nowhere outside (in the hotel grounds) to have a pre-dinner drink in the evenings, but despite that small point we would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal