I think this was the most relaxing hotel I've ever stayed in. Old-fashioned in "step back in time" sort of way, but so impeccably kept, far from being run down, it was pristine. All polished wood and marble surroundings, the decor was splendid. Everything was top notch, the cleanliness, the ambiance, the staff were so friendly and attentive too. It was very quiet and although children are allowed there, there was none around whilst we were there. Outside the gardens were vast and amazing, every type of tropical tree and plant. The swimming pool area was so well set out, with its own toilets and shower area, completely tiled and spotlessly clean. We were only bed and breakfast, but there was every food you could want with eggs cooked to order anyway you wished. I would have to look hard to criticise, but I do like a soft bed and they were a little firm for me!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone with high standards who wanted to get away from hustle and bustle. Amazing!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal