Nearly everything has already been said: it's a great little hotel. It's excellent for completely winding down. It's clean and well maintained, not 'tired' as stated by someone. I could also get wifi everywhere without any problems, but we had a room in the main building. The staff are what makes this hotel; they're nearly all genuinely friendly and smiling. We had half board; the food is very good, fine dining, but the portions are small. However, if you stuff your face with the bread, and the nuts you get with your drinks from the bar, this is not a bad thing...
The atmosphere in the hotel is quite sedate, lots of elderly couples, you get given the same table at dinner every day, stuff like that. Plenty of people are willing to chat, but if you don't fancy that you are left alone. In all, it's very civilised.
One gripe: the hairdryer is one of these antiquated tubes out of the wall, so bring your own!
We really liked it and want to return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal