As my husband was unable to get away for a break I had to decide on a hotel I'd be happy in on my own and we remembered a previous enjoyable stay at this hotel. I received a warm welcome and immediately felt at ease, and was delighted to find that the standards of this charming and little-known gem were as high as before. The rooms are large and beautifully furnished, and the restaurant is outstanding both in quality and choice. The gardens are delightful (and I was pleased to see that Colombo, the giant tortoise, is still in residence). Without exception the staff are attentive and friendly and, although set back from the front, I found walking down to the seafront (15 mins.) very pleasant and took advantage of the excellent courtesy bus to avoid the steep walk back! We/I will definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal