I think it is a 3 star hotel.
- Cleaning service was very good. Also very polite.
- Good location.
- Rooms are ok.
- One receptionist is very polite and good service. Dark haired woman, dont know her name.
- Breakfast buns are bread are raw. Every morning. They should probably put them into oven for 30 minutes more. The breakfast lady was rude. Some fruits were bad quality, black spotted bananas, green tomatoes for example. Bacon was vile.
Good in breakfast was coffee, juice and cereals. Some fruits were good, you need to sort them out :)
- The view across the window displays some sort of old yard with an access to old concrete doorway. It was just pretty bad view.
- They should put curtains to bathroom windows. It is a small window, but if somebody walking on the doorway wants to peep in, they can see right inside.
I could stay in this place again, but only if it was cheaper than this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totally renovated in December 2016. Concept Terrace Mar result of a thorough renovation, with a light, fresh and timeless concept. The project of decoration and design adds to the previous hotel a more appealing area of the solarium and Jacuzzi, giving the rooms and commons areas all the facilities and features to the current visitor. The generic blue sky of Madeira, together with elegant white wood furniture, are the predominant colours, giving our guests a sense of peace, well-being and harmony. Location Set in one of the best areas of Funchal, this small and friendly four stars aparthotel is located 500 meters away from the sea and the Lido promenade and bathing complex and about 20 minutes walk from the city centre. The Hotel is nearby supermarkets, bars, restaurants, shops, banks and bus stations. Accommodation With a modern, nice and functional decoration, the hotel has 43 spacious junior suites and suites, all with balcony and complete kitchenettes. All the rooms also have air conditioning, flat screen TV with cable TV connection, Wi-Fi, seating and dining area with sofa, table and chairs, private bathroom with hair dryer, walk-in shower as well as a furnished balcony with double glazed windows and doors. Facilities 24 hour reception, nice terrace with a heated outdoor pool with Jacuzzi and panoramic solarium, sauna, massage services and beauty treatments, pool bar during summer season, garage, laundry service, free Wi-Fi and meeting room with TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Terrace Mar Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terrace Mar Hotel Funchal
- Terrace Mar Suite Hotel Madeira/Funchal