Stayed recently at this hotel near the old town of Funchal. 2 nights we spent in room 218 which was overlooking the road at the back of the hotel. This room was furnished well and very clean but was noisy each morning from about 6 a.m because of traffic. Not a pleasant view either We were moved and upgraded to a junior suite sea view room for the rest of our stay. (we had paid for a sea view room when we booked the holiday !).We loved this room which overlooked the swimming pool and Funchal bay. We could not see or hear the building works down on the sea front which was a big bonus.
There were toweling robes in both rooms,shampoo,bath foam, body lotion,tissues and shower cap, plus a small packet of cotton buds and cotton wool.
The beds were very comfortable and there was a a good supply of white towels.
Breakfast was fine and there were some changes each day in the food offered. Had dinner in the hotel twice but there was not much atmosphere and service was quite slow. Food was OK though but the portions were small. We preferred to eat out and enjoy the restaurants in the old town.
Yes I would return to this Hotel. I loved the location but there is the hill to climb on your return so it is not suitable for any one who has trouble walking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming 4-star hotel Quinta Bela São Tiago was originally a traditional Madeiran Manor House built in 1834. The manor house and its extensive gardens have been carefully restored to create a paradise right in the heart of this lovely old district.The Quinta Bela São Tiago offers a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere in a unique location in Madeira! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Funchal
- Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Madeira/Funchal