We stayed at the Quinta Bela in April this year, having chosen it primarily for its location so close to the Old Town, the part of Funchal with the most character. It is also conveniently close to the centre of town, market and cable car. The hotel itself has bags of character and stunning views over Funchal and the harbour from the sea view rooms and pool terrace. Staff are generally very helpful and the ambience is laid back. Rooms are simply furnished and the shutters and black out curtains ensure a good night's sleep, if, like me, you need to block out the light.
I would return to this hotel but on a BnB basis, not half board as we did this time. The restaurant lacked atmosphere and the food just wasn't 4 star standard no matter how many ta-raa! flourishes accompanied it! and as there are so many good restaurants in the Old Town nearby, you are spoiled for choice. You are also charged for jugs of tap water at the hotel which I think is simply unacceptable. Breakfast is good, however, and the terrace a great place to have a drink and enjoy the views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming 4-star hotel Quinta Bela São Tiago was originally a traditional Madeiran Manor House built in 1834. The manor house and its extensive gardens have been carefully restored to create a paradise right in the heart of this lovely old district.The Quinta Bela São Tiago offers a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere in a unique location in Madeira! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Funchal
- Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Madeira/Funchal