“very nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 87 Hotels in Funchal
Prague, Czech Republic
“very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Although we had some problems with booking everything was solved according to our requirements. If I compare to other hotels same category - hotel panoramico is really great. Nice clean rooms, helpful staff seemed to be always in positive mood, beautiful view, courtesy bus (9am-6pm- there is also public transport), quiet location, free internet (not very fast but this is not necessary on vacation). I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Ilonmark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was our first time in Madeira for a two-week holiday. Initially we thought it was too long to spend in a place we had never visited but we managed to do lots in the two weeks. The staff were pleasant, helpful and always available to help. The room was spacious, airy, comfortable beds with enough bedding and clean. The views from the hotel are amazing, we watched the firework displays on the two Saturdays we were there. The open top bus (yellow-bus) and the regular bus stop right outside the hotel. The hotel also has a courtesy bus. There are restaurants nearby with lovely food. The best thing was the location, away from the hustle and bustle of town and the food. The down-side is the barking dogs which I think you cannot blame on the hotel as this is common. Overall we enjoyed the hotels' facilities and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing East or the swimming pool are quieter though if you want sunshine in the afternoon choo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Cate_rimo
Porto, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel has an overwhelming view over Funchal's bay. You can spend hours enjoying the sight over the hotel's balconies. The rooms are comfortable, the staff is nice and the meals are very good. The hotel is very lively with daily shows.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank Miguel R
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I flew into Madeira to join a cruise ship for work and was due to stay overnight. Sadly my company had not booked me any transfers from the airport and the only place I knew was the Panoramico Hotel as I had stayed here before.

I asked Reception for a room and even though it had been over a year since my last visit the Receptionist (Mrs Fernandez - forgotten her first name) remebered me and know that I was with the shipping agency. A room was organised and strangely was the same room as I stayed in before.

This time, I used the hotels restaurant which was actually very nice for a buffett. All the food was hot, well presented and tasty, the wine was also very good and was well needed at his point of my journey.

I know this may be picky, but the second stay in such a lovely hotel is never going to be the same, but there was no phone book/hotel guide in my room. So when I tried to call Recpetion I did not know the number, restaurant menu, room service etc. Then the worse bit about my stay, (which has become a bit of a routine for me now) is that I could not have a cup of coffee as there was no kettle, tea/coffee station.

Now as I said this maybe being picky but is something that in these modern days is expected everywhere in the world.

If there was a hotel manual by your telephone and a tea/coffee station then I would be rating this hotel 100%. Service, food, modern clean rooms and a view that money cannot buy, I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the island.

My next visit is going to be new years eve, sat in a room with a balcony watching the most spectacular fireworks in the Med (so I am told) with a bottle (or several) of bubbles!

Room Tip: Ask for a room along the bridge from Reception I think they are level 3 room (315, 316, 317, 319) if...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Clint M
Dorset, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was a late booking for a much needed rest with the chance of a little sunshine. I can't believe how lucky I was to have booked the Panoramico Hotel and not one of the concrete blocks down in the Lido area. This was my first visit to Madeira and I was enchanted by it.
The Panoramico is a gem. Perched high on a hill with beautiful views from virtually every corner of the hotel and grounds, the distance from the buzzing centre really isn't an issue and in many respects is a distinct advantage. The hotel has a regular, free shuttle bus, a local bus stops just outside and will take you into town for around £1.40, the walk down is easy and a taxi will only cost you around £4.
All of the staff were delightful, helpful and very patient with my many questions. My room was a very good size with a nice balcony and view and the entire hotel spotlessly clean. Buffet breakfast provided an excellent choice. I was on a B & B basis so that I could sample local restaurants for dinner, though I did have dinner a couple of times at the hot buffet restaurant. I didn't have chance to try the a la carte restaurant but will next time. I had an excellent massage in the wellbeing facility. The ambience there was very calming.
I found out too late that I could've hired a tennis racket and used the practice wall on the tennis court. That's another thing for next time.
The Panoramico really makes the best possible use of the views with lots of little hidden quiet corners, for instance a bench tucked away in one of the garden areas, sunbeds on little flat roofed areas.
It's beginning to sound as though I have a vested interest in this place but I honestly don't. The reverse, I should be keeping it quiet so I can get a room easily when I go back again.. In my many years of holidaying all over the world, I have never before considered going back somewhere a second time but am already making enquiries about my next trip to the Panoramico and probably within the next year.

Room Tip: They all appear to be good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
8 Thank Gypsy008
Newent UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

This is our first visit to Madeira and we will certainly return to this beautiful island, and this hotel. Yes, the walk down to the centre can be taxing but there is an excellent bus service available.
However, we have dined so well in the hotel itself, the daily walk has become a necessity!
Our room is spacious, comfortable and clean. Furthermore, we have been able to get Wifi connection which isn't the case in most rooms.
We have found the reception staff to be very helpful and the dining room staff to be equally attentive.

Suggestions: if you find the bed rather hard the housekeeping staff will add a foam mattress, which certainly improved the situation for me
If ordering a picnic lunch do read the menu carefully. Do not expect to find included the wholesome breads served at the breakfast table

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank joycec259
Swanage
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

This Hotel without doubt must now rate as one of the best on the Island of Madeira.My wife and I have stayed at this "Family Owned" Hotel on many occasions including January 2014 for 21 nights and certainly would not wish to stay at any other Hotel on the Island. The Staff in most cases have been employed at the Panoramico Hotel for many years which is indicative of the quality which my wife and I have appreciated on all occasions on which we have been guests. We consider any adverse comments by some Tripadviser Reviewers to be unjust. Mr. Spinola the Manager whom we have known for as long as we have been guests at the Panoramico has always proven to be extremely helpful in the event of any personal problems which may arise . He is a person who shows quality without having to prove it. His Staff appear to be in exactly the same category also who have been chosen to become employees with care and we consider that guests at all times should treat all of them with the respect which they deserve.
There has been one great improvement in the Service to Guests and that is the introduction of the availability of "Teas Made Facilities " which the British love for an early morning cup of tea prior to breakfast . There is a small charge for the use of this facility of 7.50 Euros for the whole stay. It must be remembered that not many European Countries have this habit and we Briitish do miss our early cup of tea on holiday abroard. The Management of this Hotel have realised how important this is to the majority of British Visitors. Well done The Panoramico . My wife and I have every intention of returning once again for 3 weeks next January.

Room Tip: To have a good room it is not necessary to have a Sea View .
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple