We had a room with the most fantastic views absolutely beautiful. Hotel facilities first class, indoor swimming pool, tennis, squash, gym could be better equipped as there was room for more variety of exercise machines. Excellent breakfast eating out on the terrace was lovely and plenty of tables to sit at. First night we arrived we just ate at the buffet restaurant cost us 40 euro didn't think it was value for money but that was just our opinion. Hotel is some what away from town and sits high up in maderia but you can get the free hotel mini bus to take you down town. Take note the bus stops at 6.30pm so you have to get the local buses back but they are easy to get and go on quite late. If you go to town every day the cost soon mounts up as we were 4 euros for two one way. We always tried to get the free bus at least one way. The staff were lovely, helpful, and attentive.
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, its clean, modern, and facilities and breakfast excellent. What would make it better tea and coffee in rooms but maybe this is just us Brits needing our first thing in the morning cuppa. Would I go back to this hotel? Yes.
I think we would try to get a hotel nearer the town next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the west hillside of Funchal, with superb views of the sea, the bay and magnificent mountains. With a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, this is the ideal place for an unforgettable holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Madeira Panoramico Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Madeira Panoramico
- Madeira Panoramico Funchal
- Madeira Panoramico Hotel Funchal