What started out as a dilemma (we booked our flights in August 2012 for a week earlier than we should have - leap year made 53 Mondays this year). Clare made us aware when booking airport transfers. Unfortunately nothing else available (shows how good the Porto Bay group are), so had to re-arrange flights. (Expensive!). Felt cross because it was our fault and nothing we could do to alter it. Once we arrived at the Residence the usual welcome settled us down, and put the holiday into context. The 10 days passed all too quickly. Roll on next year. (Watch out in 2019 when there is another leap year effect). Are pretty sure we are not the first ones this has happened to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal