My husband and I are just back from a weeks holiday at the Residence, Porto Mare. We had a lovely time here and would recommend it to both couples and young families. The 1 bedroom apartment was very comfortable and of a good size, The kitchen was well equipped and the bathrooms were very nice. Our view wasn't good (over the street) but there are nice views of the gardens/sea. The gardens are really lovely - full of various flowers and plants and there are nice grassed areas on which to sunbathe. The pools are of a good size and the pool water temp is nice too (as sometimes hotels pools are FREEZING!!). There are a couple of restaurants, pool bar and a pizza restaurant. The pizza cafe is expensive (pizzas £10 and above which is alot compared to back home). They have a happy hour too which is a good touch! Staff were friendly and Pedro at the reception was lovely. Would definitely go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal