I have now been to Madeira 3 times and I have stayed at The Residence 2/3 of these times. I can't wait to go back as everything is lovely. Not only is the food served at the hotel extremely nice but the surrounding restaurants also provide wonderful food. The fact that The Residence joins on to 2 other hotels is also a wonderful feature as you can use the facilities from all 3 hotels. There is something on in the hotel practically every night so you are never short or something to do, the magic show I saw was very entertaining. All in all the hotel, as well as all the other hotels in the 'Porto Bay Group', are very good at putting the customer first and I cannot wait for my next stay in The Residence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal