We visit three times a year on our time share which is a part of the Porto Mare hotel but has its own reception and apartments.
The whole hotel complex is listed as four star but its better than some five star hotels we have been in.
Wonderfull gardens, two lovely outdoor pools plus two more indoors, one with a spa facility. More than enough bars and restuarants both on site and in the surrounding streets just on the outskirts of Funchal which itself is full of character and a great place to explore as is the rest of the island..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal