Spent a week there and cannot think of a single fault. We shall certainly be returning to this hotel. (Cost Information : 7 nights half board, Superior room with seaview, early February 2013, EasyJet holidays (including flights from Gatwick and 1 Hold case) was GBP 632 pp)
- Spotlessly clean
- Large spacious room
- Lovely communal areas/pools/gardens
- Excellent buffet food selection
- Exceptionally pleasing staff - genuinely friendly.
- Plenty of free car parking on site if in Hire Car
The hotel offers buses into Funchal - which is about a 30 minute walk away. We walked and it was very enjoyable - but does include a bit of a hill on the way back !
Guests seemed to be a mixture of many western european nationalities - and not that many young couples - possibly because out of school holiday times - I don't know.
No idea why this isn't a 5 star hotel - perhaps they don't offer a big enough selection of hand crafted snacks in the bar or whatever the criteria is for these star rating agencies - but as far as I am concerned, this is a 5 star establishment for the things that actually matter.
You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Porto Mare hotel occupies the central wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort and benefits from the use of all its facilities. There are many different corners and atmospheres here ... something new to discover every day. The rooms combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. Four restaurants, six bars, an ice-cream parlour, five pools, SPA, sports and children's facilities... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Porto Mare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Funchal
- Porto Mare Hotel Madeira/Funchal
- Porto Mare Madeira