Just spent ten days at this hotel and found it to be one of the best vacations I have had.
I don't make a habit of sending reviews,but feel this hotel and destination deserve a little
of my time.
I have recently retired from the travel industry,having spent over forty years in
the airline business.
During that time I have travelled around most of the world,stayed in many hotels,,and visited many wonderful places,however I must say that the last ten days have been one
of the best vacations I have experienced.This island is a little gem,the flora is quite astounding with many plants we try to grow in our greenhouses,growing wild in the
countryside. The people are fabulous,making you feel very welcome on their beautiful island.
The hotel my wife and I stayed in Madeira Regency Cliff was excellent,All the staff were
freindly,helpful and very professional.We chose to stay on a room and breakfast basis
however when we arrived we were offered various evening meal options.We did infact
take the three dinner option at 62euros per person which we found to be great value for
money,as you can book it for any night you wish.We found the food to be superb especially the evening theme buffets,breakfast was also excellent with choice of continental or cooked.
Our room was great, fantastic views of the sea,lovely balcony to sit and watch the cruise
liners sailing in and out of Funchal harbour.
All of the hotel facilities were superb and were just what we had expected having spent time reading reviews from previous guests.Overall a great place to come for a relaxing break and I will most definately be returning to this hotel again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal