We have just returned from a 2 week break at the Regency Cliff and overall there are few negatives to report. All the rooms have Sea views, but the Premium rooms offer two balconies so you get the benefit of both sunrise and sunset. We had a Superior room on the 3rd floor, which was both generous in size and comfortable.
The breakfast offered is excellent with plenty of variety for all tastes.
We prefer to eat out at night so only had one meal in the hotel, but again this was excellent and at least equal the meals we had out.
The pool area is only small, but we never had an issue getting a sunbed. I think most visitors tend to be out for the day. One downside around the pool are the pigeons which seem to make this a regular stop off point. This did put me off the pool somewhat.
All the staff we came across were friendly and only too willing to help.
The hotel is a way out of Funchal and you will need to book the shuttle (actually Taxis) as places are limited. There are however plenty of restaurants nearby and a shopping centre across the road. Taxi fares around 7Euro for the odd trip to or from Funchal.
One thing to bear in mind, June can be quite cloudy so if you crave the Sun study the weather charts before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal