We have just returned from a two week holiday at this hotel, our second visit, we enjoyed it so much last year we decided to return.
When I booked up for this year I upgraded to a Junior Suite as we are were celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary, my wife was unaware of the upgrade until we went to the room only to find Bottle of Champagne on ice with the best wishes of Management and Staff.
The room was first class , two balcony’s one facing east towards Funchal and the other facing south with view of Atlantic. If you are celebrating a big occasion we would recommend you try this.
The staff recognised us and made us very welcome and in truth played a big part during our stay to make it memorable one, which we appreciated from our now old friends Neilio,Magda,Cio and Edgar. We know we should not mention individuals but they made our holiday always cheerful and always busy.
Also thanks to Iolanda Fernades (General Manager) for her wonderful hospitality and it was a pleasure to return to her Hotel.
We ate in at Hotel every night and never went hungry the selection was in our opinion excellent, the breakfast was a large varied spread if anyone went hungry its was there own fault.
As other visitors have reported its position makes it an ideal base to explore the island. My wife has limited mobility so we didn’t do Lavader walks, but the City Tour Bus 12 Euros each enabled us to see all the main sights and Gardens as you can get off and on were you like and it takes 1 hour 30 Minutes to do complete circuit, tickets valid 24hrs.and courtesy transport to Funchal is good we always found our own way back to Hotel taxi from Funchal 6/7 euros.
We will without a doubt return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal