This hotel is almost perfect. Not too big, amazing views over the sea from rooms and the dining terrace. Breakfast was very good, although would have been nice to have a freshly cooked food station. Most of the staff were excellent - although there was one grumpy face (male) who always looked like he didn't want to be there, or he didn't want you to be there! It's also spotless. We dined in the hotel on our first evening, and the meal was ok, but as other reviewers have said, there are better restaurants not too far away. It's very good value and we would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal