This was our second visit. Our first was nine years ago and we cannot think why it took us so long to return, as it's a great base for a visit to Madeira. We love the location and the wonderful sea views; and the excellent local bus service gives easy access to the centre of Funchal and the rest of the island.
We were less than happy with the room allocated to us on arrival, but the staff could not have been more helpful in offering alternatives - we selected one which was particularly spacious, with a huge balcony, albeit with only morning sun. The friendliness and helpfulness of the reception staff is a special feature of the hotel - they provided us with all the bus timetable information we needed for our many island walks.
The breakfast was fine, although there was a tendency for popular dishes to go done, with a delay sometimes in re-stocking. We had dinner in the hotel only once during our fortnight's stay, and so cannot really comment about this, although the atmosphere seemed a little sedate. (This is probably a consequence of the hotel apparently targetting the "mature end" of the market - I am not sure it would be the best choice for families with children.)
The proximity of local shops, bars and restaurants is helpful; and I would advise people not to be put off by the appearance of O Almofariz directly opposite - great value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal