The hotel is situated well, with wonderful views towards Funchal. The rooms are spotlessly clean and spacious. For two people the size was comfortable and it wAs well equipped. Upon asking, I was issued with a hair dryer and ironing board. The staff were friendly and helpful. They are clearly accustomed to dealing with older travellers and indeed the hotel is well suited to the over 55 category. The pool outside is quite small but well situated. Overall we were well satisfied with the quality of this accommodation and the tariff charged was very reasonable. The location in the main hotel district was average but views perhaps better than most hotels as the Regency Cliff is on an outcrop of land looking back to Funchal.
Breakfast is served in a light and spacious room with the option of sitting outside on the terrace. The selection was fine without being in any way memorable or delicious. However the dinners were a real disappointment. The ambience was really lacking, with bright lighting and overly formal service creating an awkward atmosphere. The food itself was very poor value, and the less said about it the better. For example, one night I ordered a pasta that was in no way fresh and included what I am sure were tinned mushrooms and cotton wool like prawns. While it may be convenient to eat in the hotel from time to time, you can do so much better for less money nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal