Lovely, quiet hotel with attentive but not intrusive staff. A class act all round.
We went away for my birthday and decided to go to Madeira where my partner is from.
Having previously stayed in the Savoy and seeking to again we could not get in (fully booked) so decided on what we thought would be the next best thing. Quinta das vistas, it actually outshone the Savoy by some considerable margin.
The day after our arrival the guest relations manager (Paula) pulled my partner to one side and had a quiet word. She had noticed my date of birth on my passport and wanted to organise a little surprise for me. Having gone into Funchal town for dinner we arrived back at our suite to find a birthday cake (very nice) candles and a little bottle of champagne waiting for us. I thought that this was a lovely touch and it made our stay really special.
The bar staff were attentive both night and day and would stay up for as long as we wished to sit outside and watch the shooting stars on the bar's balcony (we felt guilty after about 1 am and had to let the poor guy get some sleep).
The bar prices were very reasonable as were the minibar prices. The breakfast buffet had everything you could ever possibly want. We did eat in the restaurant once in the evening just to see if the food tasted as good as it looked. We were not disappointed, however like all hotel restaurants the meal was a little pricey.
Getting into town was a lovely 20 minute walk down a very steep hill, I wouldn't recommend trying to walk back up it unless you happen to be a mountain goat. Instead we opted for a taxi from Funchal central (about £6). on the way down the hill there is a little bakery on the right hand side. Gorgeous, real Madeira (cane sugar honey) cakes.
Bar service at the pool was outstanding and the staff were always smiling, pleasant and polite.
If you like your peace and quiet and like to be away from the larger busier hotels this is the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Official Category: 5 Stars HotelLocation: On the brow of a hill above the capital, Funchal With panoramic views of downtown, the Atlantic Ocean and the surrounding mountains. Surrounded by 12.000 m² of mature centenary gardens 10 minutes by car or 20 minutes walk into the centre of town 25 minutes from the International Airport of MadeiraTransportation: Hotel courtesy bus service to Funchal - Marina Easily available taxis Bus stop to Funchal and other destinations to the west part of the island, about 3 minutes walking from the hotelParking Facilities: Free parking availableRooms at the Quinta das Vistas:63 Double Rooms (30m²) spread over three floors03 Junior Suites (45m²)04 Suites (50m²)01 Presidential Suite (80m²) on the top floor of the original house2 twin rooms specially equipped for guests with wheel chair Room Facilities: Private balcony with a superb views of the gardens, Funchal, the mountains or the Atlantic ocean Luxury wood and carpet floors Bathrooms with Portuguese marble and oak Bath with shower Separate area for toilet and bidet Selection of bathroom amenities Air conditioning and heating individually controlled Double glazing Direct dial telephone Free Wireless in all rooms and public areas Electronic in-room safe free of charge Mini-bar Bathrobes Room slippers Internet access Sitting area with comfortable armchairs Dressing table with mirror Hair-dryer at the dressing table Cable TV with 30 Portuguese and international channels Wake-up and message system through the telephone system Non Smoking rooms available Family rooms available (2 main beds and 2 extra beds)Public Areas and Additional Facilities Reception and lobby, Interior winter garden and a Formal lounge Cocktail Bar, veranda and terrace Panoramic gourmet restaurant, veranda and terrace Reserved area in the restaurant for non smokers Interior and exterior heated swimming pool Second exterior heated swimming pool Jacuzzi, Sauna, Turkish Bath, Relaxation Room with magnificent views, Sensations shower and Vichy bath, Foot Spa and panoramic Fitness room available free of charge Treatment rooms Magnificent tropical centenary gardens and green areas with paths surrounding the property, relaxation and rest areas e 9-holes mini golf Garden corners with different features Vintage Rolls Royce available for special transfers Free reception of faxes and Sending service of faxes at Reception Laundry service with deliveries in 24 hours Organization of dry cleaning service (outside the hotel) Breakfast in the room from 7:30 to 10:30 Room Service from 10:00 to 24:00The details that make the difference at Charming Hotels: The Resident Manager personally receives all arriving guests and will maintain a personal and regular contact with them to ensure their satisfaction and anticipate their requirements. All our guests are accompanied to their room on arrival Gift on arrival of Madeira Wine & Madeira cake Free electronic room safe, bath robe and slippers Free use of sauna, Turkish bath,, sensations shower, whirlpool, panoramic fitness room, and relaxation rooms and much more at Chandra Spa. Free use of the Health Centre & Fitness Room facilities Guests on Half Board may opt to eat at any of the Restaurants of Charming Hotels at no extra charge Vintage Rolls Royce available for VIP guests, anniversaries or birthdays A policy of addressing our guests by name A policy of special attention to all our guests needs A policy of always being willing and able to help our guests A policy of making everything possibleRestaurants & Bars at Quinta das Vistas:Restaurant La Belle Terrasse:Situated in the centenary main house, it provides a wonderful colonial atmosphere with veranda and terrace.The gourmet menu offers creative dishes that combine local produce with exotic herbs and spices. The Executive Chef uses fresh herbs grown in the garden and only fresh produce that is carefully selected in the local farmers market.The dining room is decorated in keeping with the original architecture and colonial history of the house, reminiscent of the elegant romantic past of Madeira.The veranda and terrace are perfect for al fresco dining in the warm Madeira evenings.The service is a full a-la-carte complemented by the chef’s daily suggestions. Open for lunch and dinner.Albatroz Piano Bar:Situated in the main house the bar serves the winter garden, main lounge, veranda and terrace.Panoramic Pool Bar:Serves the pool area with drinks and original snacks. Open for light lunches. Relaxing atmosphere with cane chairs and wood sun umbrellas.The Royal Tea or Coffee, with freshly made scones and pastries is also served in the sitting room, veranda and terrace.Conference Room: Durão IDimensions: Total area 50.00 m² Length 6.80 m Width 7.30 m Height 3.50 m Air conditioning and heating Natural lightingCapacity: Convention Type – 40 persons Schoolroom style – 32 persons U type table – 18 persons Reception – 45 persons Banquet – 32 personsDurão IIDimensions: Total area 25.00 m² Length 6.30 m Width 3.90 m Height 3.50 m Air conditioning and heating Natural lightingCapacity: Convention Type – 20 persons Schoolroom style – 15 persons One table – 16 persons Reception – 25 persons Banquet – 16 personsDurão I + IIDimensions: Total area 78.00 m² Length 10.70 m Width 7.30 m Height 3.50 m Air conditioning and heating Natural lightingCapacity: Convention Type – 70 persons Schoolroom style – 50 persons U type table – 25 persons Reception – 60 persons Banquet – 55 personsPrices include: Flipchart, paper and 4 colour felt tip pens (black, blue, green and red) White board with 4 different board markers Pen Folder of documents Waters for the Presidential TableSpecific audiovisual material: Possibility of providing a large range of audio-visual equipment. The quotation must be requested in advance as well as the reservation of the material.Coffee Breaks & Business lunch menus: A complete variety of choices are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quinta Das Vistas Palace Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Das Vistas Palace Gardens Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Das Vistas Palace Gardens Madeira/Funchal