This was our first visit to the island and i have to say we were very happy with our choice. The hotel seems to be situated in the middle of Funchal right between the marina and the lido. You should come to Funchal with the expectation that you will be doing some walking as the town/city covers a wide area.
The accomodation we booked was a self catering suite and we were impressed with what we got for our a large sitting room, well equipped kitchen ( the best we have ever had - no extra charges for kettles etc) decent size bath room with a bath and a shower (over the bath but not an issue for us - might have been if we were an older couple and had trouble with mobility - then i would have to say that Maderia could be an issue as there are steep hills everywhere. The bedroom was comforatably fitted out with loads of cupboard space - however the beds were not as comfortable as i had hoped for - if fact all we could think that it must have been simlular as sleeping on top of a jelly as every time you moved the whole bed moved with you. But this of course could only apply to the bed in the room we had and i suspect not an issue in other rooms as no one has mentioned this previously. We were also fortunate to have a balcony looking out to sea where we could watch the many cruise ships that visit Maderia coming into port. We enjoyed ourselves and am sure that you would too - ideal place for that much needed winter sun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering panoramic views of the Madeiran coastline from its salt-water pool, the 4-star Regency Club features a restaurants and a health club. All air-conditioned apartments have a balcony and kitchenette. Spaciously laid out, all sunny apartments at Regency Club Madeira come with an LCD TV, seating area and modern bathroom. The majority of the apartments have ocean views. A breakfast buffet is served in the restaurant by the pool. The Yacht Bar Club overlooks the water and offers light meals for lunch and dinner. Guests have private sea access from the pool deck with its sun loungers. Apart from a sauna visit, guests can play squash or enjoy free transport to 2 of Madeira's golf courses. The centre of Funchal with its many bars and restaurants is 1 km away from Regency Club Madeira. This is our guests' favourite part of Funchal, according to independent reviews. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotel.de and Agoda so you can book your Madeira Regency Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Club Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Madeira
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Club Funchal