We decided we needed some sunshine in May so went for an all-inclusive, high star rated hotel. Unfortunately, the sun arrived every other day for a short time and the food was not brilliant being a self service buffet. At times the food was only luke warm and huge queues formed. Your wine glass only was filled if you were near the waiters stations.
There are three alternative restaurants with only the sushi restaurant worth a visit. The Italian and Maderian restaurant were very average.
The bar in reception got very busy at times with only one barman working most of the time.
The room was beautiful with a side view of the sea. The public area were very clean and modern.
From the hotel to Funchal town centre was a hilly walk of about 45 minutes. The cable car ride was excellent, as was the ride down the hill in the wicker chair. The fish market was also worth a visit.
All in all, a lovely hotel but, in the even of us returning, we would opt for half board.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal