This was my second stay at Enotel Lido having stayed a week over Christmas last year. The staff really go out of their way to make you feel welcome creating a lovely warm friendly atmosphere. I had a room on the 5th floor with pool view facing west which caught the afternoon sun. If you don't like your room view ask to be changed, they will do their best to accomodate you. The beds are a little on the firm side but again ask and they will provide a matress topper which is very comfortable, also a kettle in your room if you ask for one. They still have the smelly drains problem which is most noticable in the night, the maids run the water all the time when cleaning the rooms which must do something to get rid of it, some rooms are worse than others as regards the smell.
The food in the buffet resaurant is mostly good and varied but was not quite as good as Christmas last year. If you dine a little late at lunchtime it does look decidedly tired and dried up in some cases. A little imagination is needed in presentation, there are too many dishes of what looks like leftovers mixed up in mayonnaise. The italian buffet at the poolside is a better choice for lunch. The three themed restaurants provide a welcome change from the buffet but again these were not up to the standard of last year, maybe they up their game at Christmas.
The hotel location is just right being in a quiet place with a nice walk along the front which is part uphill to Camara de Lobos. It is a 40 minute walk down hill into the centre of town, catch the local bus back the bus stops very near the hotel. The live entertainment is mostly very good with a pianist in the reception bar and the guy who plays the sax is just magic. The dancing girls are just embarrassing, pathetic, they should get rid of them. The Wi Fi is expensive but I was informed that the hotel had signed a contract with a firm for 3 years which will run out next year and things will change then. There is a cafe below the hotel where for the price of a coffee Wi Fi is free
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal