We came back last night having had 10 days at the hotel. Overall I think I would rate it as a very good 4 star rather than 5. My comments are as follows:-
1. Superb staff if every respect. Attentive, polite and know what good service to their client is. Possibly not quite as polished as a 5 star hotel, but no complaints at all.
2. Room was a de-luxe side sea view  and was very good, spacious and kept very clean by the maid.
3. Dining facilities were good without being outstanding, and the food well prepared and presented, with plenty of choice and variety. The taste was extremenly good which suggests high quality ingredients. No complaints, but would not call it 5 star, but certainly of a high standard. Good to see that there was a long trouser dress code for the men for evening dining, although I would prefer not to see scruffy jeans on the guys, when their wives tried the very best each evening. Good theme dining especially the Japanese restaurant. Nice touch!
4. Pool area kept very clean daily including the poolside dining facilities, where a good selection of perhaps more the the 'fast-food' type were available virually all day. We lunched here at most times.
I feel a bit hard here because everyone at the hotel clearly works very hard, but i would comment as follows:-
1. 5 star hotels should always have luggage porter. It in no way spoilt the holiday, but just an observation.
2. All bedrooms in a 5 star hotel will have tea/coffee facilities, but they are only in the suites. [we took ours with us]
3. You do not queue up to get a drink in a 5 star hotel. The sports bar team had to work flat out to keep up with the queuing, and this was possibly the worst part of the holiday. To be fair, waeters did circulate around the pool with a tray of a variety of drinks, but I thought that this part of the serve was just 3-4 star.
Overall, a very good hotel, and if it had been rated as 4 star, I would have given it excellent, but I am sure you would have an enjoyable noliday here unless you were totally used to 5 star treatment in every respect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal