Spent a week here just before the Easter weekend. The Receptionist was very efficient and we had our wristbands ( to show we were all inclusive) put around our wrists and were then in our rooms very quickly. The hotel is very modern and clean and we had no complaints about our room or the service provided. We found the meals very good and you can book in to all three of the specialist restaurants at the same time so suggest you book in as early as you can at the desk in the Reception area. Otherwise the self service restaurant provides lots of hot dishes and salads to choose from. The pools are clean and there are plenty of sunbeds but not many sunshades (but you can always move the loungers in to the shade if the sun is too hot). Funchal is only 10 minutes away and Blandys is great fun if you want to find out about Madeira wine and taste a few samples.To go in to Funchal, the bus stop is directly opposite the hotel entrance but you need to turn left when you come out of the front door and walk up the steps at the end of the road, and then double back as the road is on a higher level than the hotel entrance. We hired a car for a couple of days to go out and about and see the island. The roads are well maintained but the bends are very sharp with steep, breathtaking drops along most of them, so not for the nervous driver or passenger. The north of the island is spectacular and if you go to Santa, nea rPorto Moniz, do look out for the handmade sign for the Churrarascaria where Gabriel will give you steak and chips with his secret sauce for 2 with wine for approx £20. I had a massage in the spa and this was a really luxurious treat. Included in the price is the use of the jacuzzi, steam room and pools.
All in all we had a wonderful trip and would recommend the hotel and resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal