My wife and I spent a week at the Enotel 11-18th March. Had never been to Madeira nor had ever gone all inclusive. If every all-inclusive hotel is like the Enotel we will be doing this a lot more. We really could not find much fault at all. All the public areas of the hotel were very clean and attractive. The staff could not have been better. They were very polite and helpful, and most had a smile on their faces. The bars were very well stocked with known brands and of course local drinks. Measures were not in use as far as I could see. Choice of restaurants was fine. We didn't use the three special restaurants as we were very happy with the choice in the main restaurants. Was able to try a few things I had never eaten and was never disappointed. If I had any little complaint, it would be that sometimes some of the food is not as hot as it could be. But it is just a little point to make. I think that is quite common with buffets. Although we were very happy with our room it could do with a bit of an upgrade but nothing drastic. There was some sort of entertainment each night. We enjoyed most of it. The weather was not very good when we were there but it didn't really spoil our holiday because there were things to see or do. Overall, even taking into account some little faults/complaints, I would say it was an excellent holiday at an excellent hotel(perhaps not quite 5 star), well worth the money. We shall return. Just another point. The island is not overrun by young lager louts or people jumping out everywhere trying to sell Timeshare. I think there is only one sandy beach, so it's probably not quite as attractive to younger folks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal