Wonderful hotel with friendly and helpful staff, nothing seemed to be any trouble at all. We had a room with a noisy extractor fan that was constantly on and when we mentioned it to the reception desk with a view to notifying them of a problem that might need fixing, rather than making a complaint, she immediately offered to move us.
Food was excellent, but not if you are looking for traditional English food. The themed restaurants were very good, Italian, Japanese and Madeiran, although the food on the Madeiran night was just as delicious if not more so in the buffet restaurant.
Would highly recommend any of the Windsor tours, we did one on Friday to the north of the island and the minibus (8 seater) was very comfortable with a wonderful driver/guide.
Bus stop near the hotel which was very convenient for going to the cable car, Funchal market etc as it went to the bus station by the sea front and each journey is 1 euro 30 cents using a card which you can top up in advance.
I have marked the sleep quality only average as my husband found the beds very hard.
There is a very pleasant walk along the promenade, lots of differant paths, cafes, flowers etc.can walk to the next village 4 km away, but not into Funchal along the seafront. Entertainment was varied, catering mostly for an older visitor, no Bingo (hurray) but very good shows put on by dancers attached to the hotel itself.
All in all, an excellent hotel with wonderful staff, appreciated the bath robes in the room to use by the pool, and the walk in shower as well as a huge bath, and the all inclusive deal is certainly very good value. We went with Mercury Direct and wouldn't hesitate to go to this hotel with them again. It was good having a local rep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal