I stayed at Qunita Perestrello from Christmas Eve through to New Years Eve 2012. I stayed here a few years back and was pleased to see that the high standards had been maintained. The hotel was clean and well kept, staff friendly and helpful. It is a small hotel in a good location attracting a diverse nationality of guests. Breakfast had something that would meet most peoples taste from fresh fruit salad, breads, meats and cheeses, plus a hot breakfast. I personally didn't find the breakfast repetative as I varied my choice each day.
I loved sitting out on the terrace or by the pool reading or enjoying afternoon tea and dispite being on a main road the traffic wasn't an issue as the gardens are raised well above road level and sheltered.
The hotel's location I found to be ideal, turn left and it's a 15 minute walk to the City Centre, turn right and some 5 minutes from the commercial area with restaurants, shops and supermarket, and only 10 minutes from the lido/sea front. There is plenty of choice of places to eat in the area with prices to suit most budgets or you can eat at any of the sister hotels (shuttle service available). I didn't eat at any of the sister hotels so can't comment on the food or service but locally I had some excellent meals with a warm welcome and good service. There are some good restaurants in the Old Town (near the market area) which is some 25 minutes walk away.
If you are looking for a hotel with entertainment and activities, busy bars, a hustle and bustle night life, and a children's club then this is not the place for you.
I'm looking forward to going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oficial Category: 4 Star EstalagemLocation: Situated in the main hotel area of Funchal 1.5 km from the town centre Well located between the Savoy and Reid’s Hotels 10 minutes walking distance from the city centre Panoramic view to the mountains, the city and the sea Approximately 25 minutes from the International Airport of MadeiraTransportation: Taxi station a hundred meters from the hotel or directly at the reception door if requested Bus stop to Funchal and other destinations to the west part of the island, about 2 minutes walking from the hotelParking Facilities:Free parking places at the hotel entranceRooms:36 Double Rooms (30m² or 32m²) 2 rooms with a queen size bed34 twin-bedded rooms11 rooms in the Main House26 room with terrace or balcony in the new wing Room Facilities: High ceiling rooms in the main house New wing rooms with terrace or balcony with sitting area, garden and pool view Wood flooring Marble bathrooms Bath with shower Selection of bathroom amenities Air conditioning and heating in bedrooms and public areas Safe in room Comfortable chairs Hair-dryer Direct dialling telephone Cable TV with 30 channels Double glazingAdditional services at the Quinta Perestrello: Swimming pool, surrounded by beautiful gardens Sun terrace Terrace sitting area Well kept gardens Relaxation areas Free reception of faxes Sending service of faxes at Reception Laundry service with delivers in 48 hours Organization of dry cleaning service (outside the hotel) Breakfast in the room from 8:00 to 10:30 Bar service to rooms from 10:00 to 24:00 Table d’hôte Restaurant Cocktail Bar Reception desk and Sitting areaThe details that make the difference at Charming Hotels: The Reception Manager receives all arriving guests and will maintain a personal and regular contact with them to ensure their satisfaction and anticipate their requirements. All our guests are accompanied to their room on arrival Gift on arrival of Madeira Wine & Madeira cake Free use of sauna, Turkish bath,, sensations shower, whirlpool, panoramic fitness room, and relaxation rooms and much more inside the Hotel Group, at Chandra Spa. Guests on Half Board may eat at the restaurant “ Adega da Quinta” in Quinta do Estreito, at no extra charge Guests on Half Board may eat at any of the Restaurants of Charming Hotels at no extra charge A policy of addressing our guests by name A policy of special attention to all our guests needs A policy of always being willing and able to help our guests A policy of making everything possible ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quinta Perestrello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Perestrello Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Perestrello Madeira/Funchal