We were in need of a holiday where relaxation, quiet, good food, lovely surroundings and friendly service were important, and were recommended by our dearest friends that we come to the Quinta da Bela Vista which they had visited twice. Well every expectation was fulfilled and more so. Indeed this has been one finest places we have ever stayed. The Quinta rests up on the hills overlooking Funchal, with bella vistas indeed, amid beautiful tropical gardens. The rooms are quiet, spacious and very comfortable, with all the conveniences one expects, and there are sitting rooms and library furnished with antiques, beautiful but never ostentatious. The breakfasts were magnificent, with all the fare you could want, including some exotic tropical fruits we had not tasted before. However the dinner in the 'old manor house' part of the hotel was of international standards of cuisine. Do make sure you order their set meal: it is five courses of the most exquisite food, perfectly balanced, and never too large. you proceed from delightful entree to soup, then fish, then meat and finally a light dessert. You could not eat better anywhere.
However despite all these treats, the real quality that sets this hotel apart from many we have visited is the gold standard of their service. They are friendly, helpful, assiduous but never overbearing or obsequious. Nothing is ever too much trouble, and the expertise is brilliant. Our maitre d'table could speak to all the guests in whichever language was theirs; our waiter always knew when to refill our glasses just moments before we knew it ourselves; and at the front desk reception was always jolly and fun as well as informative.
We loved our stay, as you can see, and shall most certainly return, braving the cross-winds of Funchal airport with intrepidity!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We strive to give you the warm and genuine hospitality of the traditional Madeiran Quintas. There are many moments to be cherished at Quinta da Bela Vista, one of the most select and exclusive family properties on Madeira island. This five star hotel enveloped in two hectares of luxurious botanical gardens – the ideal place to relax and enjoy spectacular views - hosts a significant antiques private collection. Our commitment ensures every guest wishes are fulfilled, making you feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Quinta da Bela Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Funchal
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Madeira/Funchal