If you want a modern hotel right in the centre of Funchal then this is not the hotel for you! However, if you are looking for a quiet , relaxing and friendly hotel a short walk from town, situated in lovely gardens then this is your hotel. We had a lovely week at the QSJ . The rooms were spacious , yes the mini bar is expensive but room service is good value. The rooms and bathroom are spotless as is the rest of the hotel complimented by beautiful flower arrangements. The breakfast buffet is vast and the service excellent!! We ate in the restuarant one night which had a interesting menu but with so many different and varying places to eat nearby you are spoilt for choice. Happy is fun and excellent value !!
All the staff were so friendly and helpful and went out their way to make you feel welcome.
This was out first time in Madiera and it won't be out last at his lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full Spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, HostelWorld, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal