The staff really make this hotel, nothing is too much trouble and they really want you to enjoy your stay. Even the girl who cleaned the room left me an extra box of tissues (unasked for) as I had a cold. Not a particularly nice walk into Funchal and quite a steep walk back so we ended up paying for a lot of taxis but only about €6 or 7 per go . The hotel does do a run into town at 10am and back at 5.30 but never seemed to coincide with our plans. Massive room for a standard. Very pleasant hotel with lovely gardens. Full and varied breakfast menu but coffee was not brilliant. Congratulations to all of you, we had a lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full Spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal