Lovely clean hotel. Large room, comfortable beds and good bathroom. The double bed was two singles pushed together but we didn't find this a problem. The hotel has two pools, both kept nice and clean. Always sun loungers available. Breakfasts are very good with a buffet and cooked on offer. No complaints at all. Location is just outside Funchal rather than the majority which are west of Funchal the Lido area. In my opinion it is a much nicer location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full Spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal