$222
$215
Hotel The Cliff Bay(Funchal)
$357
$190
$153
Travelocity
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

$191
$153
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsmunicipal gardenscentral locationrooftop barold townthe ritzla viesmall poolexcellent locationswimming pool on the roofgreat showernoisy at nightbreakfast roomshopping centrethe main hotel areasized roomwalk in showereasy walking distance
Reviewed April 13, 2011

An excellent hotel in an ideal location within walking distance of most places of interest in Funchal, and a number of good restaurants.
We liked the Municipal Park right beside it and the streets with their black and white mosaic pavements.
All staff spoke excellent English and were very helpful.
We were lucky enough to occupy a Junior Suite with two balconies, a delightful sitting area and a fridge.
Apart from the usual Funchal attractions we walked up the hill to the Clara convent where we were shown round the peaceful, beautiful place. The Quinta Cruze gardens next door were lovely too, and provided a coffee.
We hired a car, but would not bother another time if we were staying in Funchal as Parking was difficult and expensive. We parked in the Dolce Vita Centre, two minutes from the hotel for 5.50 euros for 24 hours.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank judy_kingston
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We have been to the Hotel Madeira before and find it clean, quiet and near everything needed for us older holidaymakers, but may not suit the more younger set. Didn't like the crinkly covers on the mattress though.

Room Tip: The bar prices are good.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
2  Thank PekefieldFred
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Great location for a hotel, next to the municipal park & close to middle of town. Breakfasts are adequate in the continental style. Bar prices are great with bottle beer 1 euro, gin & tonic 3 euro & full bottle of wine 6.50 euro. I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
5  Thank Shamus001
Reviewed February 25, 2011

My wife and I have just returned from a week in this delightful hotel. It is situated within a short walking distance from the town centre. I cannot recomend to highly the friendly service and cleanliness which prevailed during the whole of our stay. I cannot imagine that anyone staying here could have cause for regret. Unlike the hotels in the Lido area it does not overlook the sea but more than compensates by its proximity to the travel hub in Funchal, There are 2 taxi ranks within 100yards as well as a delightfull botanical park where you can sit and enjoy reasonably priced coffee and food in a peacefull atmosphere. We found this hotel A1+ which can be booked online

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Johnrichard33
Reviewed February 7, 2011

The hotel's central location is great. Holmes Place gym 2 minutes walk away, Dolce Vita shopping centre with fab supermarket 2 minutes walk away, all the delights of the city and the seafront within very easy walking distance.
My room was spacious, immaculately clean, cable tv, 2 balconies, smoking permitted (but having the balconies to smoke on, the room itself didn't smell of smoke), nice bathroom, quiet at night, comfortable bed.
Breakfast choices were ample, though simple.
Front desk staff were charming.
Free use of the (one) computer was great. (wifi said to be available for 4 euros an hour - pricey). My repeated expressions of concern about the hotel computer showing that anti-virus protection wasn't up to date met with no correction of the problem - I was told the Manager had the password, the Manager apparenly wasn't present or available to assist with this,during my 3 night stay, to deal with the issue......
But apart from that, I simply couldn't have had a better experience of the hotel, and I will happily return. SIGNIFICANTLY more my sort of place than the huge hotels in the "Hotel Zone", which aren't nearly so central.
The terrace and small pool on the top floor was attractive.
I didn't use the cafe hotel but it looked welcoming.
I loved the hotel.