Located in the hills, 15 km and 500 m above Funchal, this is a haven of calm. A Relais et Chateau property, it was first built in 1804. Located on a wonderful golf course, you may never wish to leave. The rooms are wonderful, and the restaurant is excellent. We were treated to a special event with a guest chef - six courses with matched wines. The hotel has a van to take you into town (Funchal), but if you are adventurous, it pays to rent a small car. Lots of wonderful places to eat, and Funchal is a great place to poke around and walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Velha do Palheiro is a graceful 5 star Madeira country house hotel with 37 luxurious rooms.The hotel is situated next to the famous Palheiro Gardens, originally created over 200 years ago. Hotel facilities include: Championship golf course, full spa facilities including indoor and outdoor heated pools as well as a variety of treatments, fishing boat for whale and dolphin watching and big game fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Prestigia and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Velha do Palheiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Hotel Funchal
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Madeira/Funchal