We stayed after our timeshare week was completed at The Residence, another Portobay hotel. I loved our room 262, it wasn't the largest but well thought out and the views were spectacular. It was great watching the cruise ships leave port at night all light up like Christmas trees.
The breakfast was okay but why oh why can't they give us a teapot instead of a jug of hot water. The Residence gives you one as does their Serra Golf Hotel. It would make breakfast so much more enjoyable and surely not too much trouble? It's the only bit of Britain I want on holiday with me!
The hotel is situated in the old town of Funchal very close to the sea front and when the work is completed it will be spectacular. The only downside we found were the seemingly homeless dogs running around but this is not the fault of the hotel.
The staff, like all Portobay Hotel employees are exceptional. It is a lovely hotel and we hope to return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal