This was our 3rd visit to this hotel and it's still excellent. Perfectly placed in the middle of the old town of Funchal. Shops and restaurants on the doorstep and it was wine week whilst we were there. Wine samples for 1 euro and great entertainment, all for free. The building work along the sea front is essential and although unsightly is bearable and the 10 euros per person per day given to every guest by the hotel is a wonderful gesture. If the noise is too much just plug in the ipod and you won't hear it. The staff at this hotel are lovely. Everyone has a smile and a warm welcome for you. The rooms are excellent with the very useful kitchenette. We only had the breakfast in the restaurant and this was more than satisfying with plenty of coffee available (and tea). Would recommend this hotel every time but if it's your first visit to Madeira perhaps wait until later next year when the work should be finished along the coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal