Our first visit to this lovely Island how we wished it had been for two weeks.
The hotel was perfect lovely staff couldn't fault anything. There is some building work going on along the promanade but the hotel paid us 10 euro's a day each so a few beers or a nice lunch by the pool more than compensated for the odd rumble from a digger and crane.
The cable car to Monte was brilliant also the trip to see the Dolphins ( we saw two different sorts ) wonderful they swim right alongside the boat. The old part of Funchal is very quirky lots of art gallery's wonderful restaurants. Some nice bars playing jazz and the Portuguese folk music.
Can't wait to go back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal