The location of this hotel is definitely an advantage if you like to stroll the city of Funchal. It is at the border of the old town, next to the sea, quiet but central. During the day indeed (a lot of) noise from the constructions, but if you don't plan to sit at the pool or in your room all day it doesn't bother that much. Works start around 8am and end around 6pm. Hotel management is making a big effort in offering 10 euro "budget" per person per day. And if you want to relax next to a swimming pool, you can take the courtesy bus to the "Porto Mare" hotel, with a big swimming pool in very quiet surroundings. At Porto Santa Maria rooms are nice and clean, good sea view (if you book for that), friendly staff, good breakfast buffet. We only had 1 dinner in the hotel (which was also fine), as there are so many nice restaurants in the neighbourhood. Do be aware for "tourist traps" when you eat out. Underground parking available for rental cars. Definitely a hotel that we would consider booking again ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal