Having read the reviews about the civil engineering work we were a little aprehensive on our arrival.Well it was really unneccessary.The staff work above and beyond with attention to detail to make our holiday what it should be relaxing,memorable and well worth repeating (soon).Although only rated as a 4* I would definitely give it 5*.The work outside was mainly in the distance and any minor irritation was more than offset by the 10 euro pp/pd credited by the hotel.My advice to people wishing to go is do it now while the work is ongoing because when it stops bookings will soar and prices will be at a premium for this most excellent hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal