I felt really young here (in my early 40s) as its a place for a more senior holiday maker without a doubt, saying that it ment people were respectful and polite and relaxed.
The staff were super friendly and helpful.
Breakfast is not bad at all, a buffet but all hot and well presented. We ate in the restaurant twice and the food was good. There are a lot of restaurants near the entrance in the old town and tbh most were very average and expensive which made the hotel place seem a good option.
there is major engineering go on right out side the hotel and I guess it will for most of 2013 as its a big project. In the gardens area and with doors open you could here the works and if that will offend you wait till its all over. I didn't bother me and I actually found it kind of relaxing watching the trucks moving huge lumps of rock around.
There is a car park underneath which was free and secure . It's not easy to drive there from the airport without a decent map or sat nav as its a maze through the old town . Once you have Sussed it its no probs.
Wifi not available except in foyer which should be avail in all rooms really.
For the price it was very good
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal