We booked a week at this hotel at the last minute and were not disappointed. The rooms were good and well appointed, the restaurant very good value and quality, bar and lounge comforatble, swimming pools and spa very enjoyable.
Located at the edge of the old town it was ideal for walking into Funchal and was also very close to the local bus routes and a miriad of alternative restaurants to eat at.
Having stayed here I wouldn't entertain I don't think I would stay anywhere else in Funchal as all other hotels appeared to be a good walk from tye centre and up a hill!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal