This is a fabulous hotel that rewards repeat clients it's got a great location right on the sea front. You can see all the cruise liners dock. Adults only is a great thing if that is what you are looking for. They did pre advise us about the work on the beach, but to be honest, unless you are a sun worshiper you are out for most of the day as there is so much to do in Madeira. The 10 euro credit per person paid for some spa treatment that we would not usually have, so all in all this was a good deal. The bar has different entertainment each night. Some good and some not, but that is all down to taste.
We did not eat in the restaurant because there are so many local restaurants to choose from. A buffet Breakfast is included and that was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal