This is a lovely hotel with spacious, well equipped rooms, good food, excellent service and a fantastic location overlooking the bay in the heart of the historic zone. There are so many restaurants within a 5 minute walk that we didn't eat dinner at the hotel but the breakfast selection is vast and enjoyable. There was some engineering work being done to the new harbour defences for which the hotel compensated us generously with a €20 credit per day but it really wasn't a problem for us. In fact being married to an engineer we found the whole thing fascinating rather than distracting. On the whole a lovely hotel which I would heartily recommend for exploring Funchal and the surrounding area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal