On arrival a well presented hotel, however room allocated was side of hotel overlooking public park and as this was carnival week became a disaster, drums beating all night and noise and smell very bad, after first night we decided to request a move, the hotel staff were more than helpful and immediately got us transferred to a sister hotel(very much quieter and obviously an upgrade) Be warned do not accept side view rooms overlooking public park with a balcony which has no view due to large tree immediately outside making it impossible to sit out on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal